Something Creative

I am something creative. Maybe you are too. But who knows, maybe you are not. You should find out, because I'd like to know.

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Red in the face

Had first lunch today because of this chemistry thing. Danika and I couldn't find anyone we knew so we joked that the two of us would be losers and sit at a table by ourselves. Instead, we saw Eric, and he sat with us-making the two losers, three, and thus eliminating any loserness about us. We had a very good time, even though Eric wasn't being as nice as he should have to me. Unfortunately Eric knows who I liked-past tense-and even though I told him I don't like that guy anymore, he feels the need to embarrass me. So he asked me how things were going with a certain guy (he didn't mention the name because of Danika and I thank goodness for that) and, unfortunately, I was taking a big bite out of my sandwich, so I could not respond. Later when we (Danika and I and Eric) were at Eric's locker, I thought Eric was going to fall over with a heart attack. We were joking about these secret pals (cheerleader to cheerleader) who have to put gifts in lockers and Danika's books were falling out...moving on, we were joking and I didn't know what to call her fellow cheerleaders, so I called them: Cheermates. Eric almost, or maybe he did, fell to the ground. Danika had a chuckle too.

I have something important to say, but I don't know if I should. It's supposed to be a secret, but I'm itching to tell someone or scream. Normally I am good at keeping secrets, but this one is eating away at me. My friend's boyfriend is going to propose! AHHH! I am so excited for her. He's going to propose on Christmas, how uncreative, and cook for her and all that shit. She has no idea and I wonder how she'll react. I mean, she only is a sophomore and they have been dating less than a year. I'd, personally, rather have a promise ring. It, I think, is a little odd to propose to someone when neither of you is a senior or dying. Leann and I were talking and we decided if she does say yes and they do get married, it won't last long. How many high school relationships last? A couple, very few, not too many. Part of me wonders if he's doing it for sex. I know that's mean and he is a really nice, sweet, guy, but since his brother is, um...sexually active, maybe.... I don't want to think about it. That'd be terrible. A major part of me disagrees because they have talked about having sex and that wouldn't make too much sense. I am trying to figure it out-why he's proposing. Her mom went with him to go buy the ring so I guess that means her parents are okay with it. My mom...no. My mother would never agree to it. She'd most likely protest a promise ring let alone an engagement ring. Still, right or wrong, the way he is going to propose is so romantic! If only it weren't on Christmas. I wouldn't want to be proposed to, or married on, Valentine's Day, either of our b-day's, Christmas, or New Year's Eve. Leann and I were joking that I'd want to be proposed to on Groundhog's day and married Arbor day of the next year. No, seriously, I'd want a guy to be more creative in choosing a day. Leann and I started talking about when we would want to get married and I said, if I decide to get married, it'll be a fall/autumn wedding. I love the fall:the leaves, the air, the over-all feel. Yes, an autumn wedding would be great.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

<< Home