Something Creative

I am something creative. Maybe you are too. But who knows, maybe you are not. You should find out, because I'd like to know.

Monday, October 04, 2004

Suicide.

This senior at our school took his life this weekend. Today everyone is weeping, the counselors are booked up, and we're getting pamphlets on how to "detect suicide". Not everyone is that kind though. Some of the freshman who had no idea who Jon was, were in the hallway laughing at his expense. They though it was hilarious that everyone was so sad over one person's death.

I've been tearing up and feeling sick all day and I didn't know him that well. It makes me sick that someone could kill themselves. Their are so many rumors of why he did it and most of them are true. I have two friends who were really close to him. One of my friends feels terrible because her brother and Jon were great friends and her brother still has his sunglasses. Her brother called Jon's house to talk to him and Jon's mom went to get him and that's when she discovered that he had killed himself. The police believe he died at 10:30 and Jon had called my other friends house at 10:20 and nobody had been home. She feels so guilty.

My friends and I decided to finally go to our counselor and talk to her about this friend of ours who says she's going to kill herself but isn't sure when. She cuts herself all the time and her parents know about it but they don't do anything. The last thing I want is to lose this friend. Jon's death has given us the courage to get her help. She is so serious when she talks about death, though later when you bring it up she acts as if it was no big deal.

I'm going to be all serious and probably even crack a few of you up, but if you think your friend is even considering suicide. Get them help. Here's where I get all cheesy-you could be saving their life.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

<< Home